- Does HasanaH promote projects related to a particular religion?
- HasanaH is a multidenominational giving platform that aims to make donations more impactful and efficient for all, including but not limited to Muslims. It does not support evangelism or proselytising, and does not require adherence to religious doctrine or a particular faith.
- How does my contribution get to my chosen project?
- HasanaH combines the total donations made to a particular project and deposits them monthly with the beneficiary organisation.
- Can I donate anonymously?
- In order to make a donation, HasanaH will ask for your name, billing information and e-mail address when you register on the platform. As per our Privacy policies, none of this information will be shared with beneficiary organisations without your consent.
- How can I keep track of my donations?
- Your “Impact Dashboard” on HasanaH will allow you to keep track of your giving history and receive regular updates on the impact of your donations. Once you log in to HasanaH you can see the Impact Dashboard link available under the User menu (top right). Additionally, we'll email you a receipt for every donation you make.
- What are the currencies accepted on the platform?
- For the time being, donors can support projects in USD and GBP. Donations through other currencies will soon be made available.
- What is the minimum donation on HasanaH?
- The minimum donation on HasanaH is $10 USD or £10 GBP.
- Can I change the currency of my donation?
- You can modify the currency via the buttons in the left side of the website footer (at the bottom of every page).
- What is the GBP-USD currency conversion rate?
- The exchange rate is updated on daily basis according to the prevailing market rate.
- Can I make in-kind donations?
- Unfortunately, HasanaH does not facilitate the donation of material goods.
- What are the accepted payment methods on HasanaH?
HasanaH currently accepts most credit/debit cards, cheques, and bank wire transfers. HasanaH does not accept donations in cash.
- How do I donate by cheque?
You can make cheques payable to: HasanaH. On the back of the cheque, or on the memo line, if available, please write the CART ID or Name.
For the time being, HasanaH only accepts cheques in GBP, and for a minimum value of £100 GBP or more.
Please mail the cheque to:
4 Old Park Ln, London W1K 1QW, United Kingdom
- How do I donate by wire transfer?
You can select the wire transfer option at checkout, and use the below account information to send the payment. Please make sure to write your name and the online CART ID as a reference for your payment for HasanaH to be able to reconcile your transfer to the relevant donation accordingly. Missing reference information may result in your wire transfer amount being allocated to a project of HasanaH’s choice.Barclays London Account Name: HASANAH Account number: 20323020 IBAN: GB84BUKB20320620323020 Sort code: 20-32-06 SWIFT BIC: BUKBGB22
Please write your name and Cart ID as a reference for your payment.
- How do I cancel my recurring donation?
Log in to HasanaH.org and click on the “Impact Dashboard” option under the user menu to view and cancel any recurring donations.
- Can I change the credit card I am using for monthly donations?
Log in to HasanaH.org, under the “Settings” user menu, and “Payment Methods” tab. You can enter new credit card/billing information here.
- What is my monthly donation charge date?
- Your card will be charged the amount immediately on completion of the first transaction, and will be automatically charged the same amount on the same day of each month going forward until and unless it is cancelled.
- How can I be sure that a project is legitimate?
- All projects on HasanaH are thoroughly vetted for eligibility to receive grants, and have satisfied standard guidelines for international grant-making, that are used by the respective implementing beneficiary organisations.
- How will I ensure that my donation is being used efficiently?
- Each beneficiary organisation listed on HasanaH is vetted to ensure that they use the funds as per the provided literature in their project briefs.
- How do I know my donation is secure?
All credit card donations are currently processed through Stripe; a secure and well-established third-party payment system. All donations made through HasanaH are kept private over Stripe secure networks.
Other payment methods, including PayPal will be made available shortly.
- How does HasanaH maintain its platform and fulfil its charitable purposes?
- HasanaH does not charge beneficiary organisations to join the platform. As a registered charity, HasanaH is not-for-profit and retains up to 12% from donations made on the platform to go towards maintaining the platform and its operations as well as expanding HasanaH’s scope of functionalities, market coverage and projects catalogue.
- How are third-party [transaction] fees covered?
- Third-party processing fees on donations are borne by the donor.
- Can I leverage Gift Aid?
Yes. UK tax-payers can claim an extra 25% if Gift Aid eligible. Please check the box during checkout and enter your tax-payer address to make your donation count for Gift Aid.
- Does the HasanaH retained amount apply to Gift Aid?
- Yes, the retained amount does apply to Gift Aid.
- What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a tax incentive by the UK government designed to benefit UK-registered charities. It allows charities to reclaim tax on donations made by UK taxpayers. HasanaH processes all Gift Aid claims for Beneficiary Organisations with the UK government. You can include all donations from the last 4 years. For more information, you can visit the HMRC Gift Aid.
- Will I receive a tax receipt each month for my recurring contributions?
You will be charged for the first month’s payment at the time of the recurring payment set up and will receive a receipt after the initial transaction. Through your HasanaH account, you can access your donation history at any time and get a snapshot of your total donations made to-date. At the beginning of the year, you can request an aggregated receipt of all of your donations during the previous year. Please email us at [email protected]
- Where do I find my receipts?
To view your receipts, simply log in to HasanaH.org and click the “Impact Dashboard” link in the "User” menu.
- Can I claim my contributions for tax benefits?
- Tax receipts are issued by the organization donations are made to. Hasanah only onboards registered organizations. In the United States, organizations must be registered with the IRS as a 501c3 organization. In the United Kingdom, organizations must be registered with the UK Charity Commission. Donations made directly to Hasanah are processed by the Intuitive Foundation in the United States and HasanaH in the United Kingdom.